[Xastir] Xastir going down at night

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jul 27 19:07:15 EDT 2007

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Eric Christensen wrote:

> I have Xastir locked up at this time.  Top shows Xastir using 0.5% of
> the memory and no CPU usage at this time.  The most I've seen in CPU
> usage from Xastir was 3%.

There are a few possibilities I can think of:

*) Something locked up Xastir's main thread.
*) Something locked up one of the interface threads at a point where
   it was holding a lock on some resource.
*) Something killed one of the interface threads at a point where
   the thread was holding a lock.

As to what is messing with the threads, I have no idea.  I haven't
had any threads lock up on me in quite some time.  Is it possible
that some other application is starving the computer for CPU or
memory and the scheduler is just killing random processes to make
room?  At one point that was the default for the scheduler when
starvation occurs.  Don't know if that's still the way things are.

I can't think of any other causes at the moment.  Are you running
with only an internet interface or with a TNC interface as well?