[Xastir] Caching maps?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Jun 3 15:54:53 EDT 2007

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007, Earl Needham via Kubuntu wrote:

> 	OK, maybe I'm slow, but how do I get Xastir to cache maps so a new map
> doesn't need to be downloaded every time I zoom in and than back out to a
> former "zoom level"?  In other words, if I'm looking at the US Weather map
> and zoom in on a particular area, and then zoom back out, Xastir is
> downloading a new version of the map when the old one would do fine -- it's
> only a minute or two old.

You need to compile in support for Berkeley DB Library.  You'll need
the devel and the library package installed, then rerun the
./configure, make, and make install steps.  Make sure at the
configure step the summary says that map caching is enabled before
you go on.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer