[Xastir] Weather map question

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Jun 10 12:05:06 EDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 09:50:12AM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <needhame1 at plateautel.net> flavor, containing:
> I like to use the WMSradar map when the weather get rough out here, but I have
> a slight problem with it -- I don't see any landmarks, towns, etc.  I see
> other APRS stations on the map, and unless I can see one that I recognize, I
> have no way of knowing where the cells are.  Is there a way to add, say,
> Tiger maps at a low level to the weather maps?

Yes.  The WMSRadar images are transparent (or at least they're supposed to
be) except where there is weather, so you can add any other maps you want to
the mix by selecting them in the map chooser.  Just make sure that the
WMSRadar.geo is set to have a higher layer number than any of the others
(using the Map Properties dialog), and it will be painted on top of the others.