[Xastir] Fetching a trail

Earl Needham via Kubuntu needhame1 at plateautel.net
Sun Jun 17 14:42:02 EDT 2007

On Sunday 17 June 2007 11:04:38 James wrote:
> On 6/17/07, Earl Needham via Kubuntu <needhame1 at plateautel.net> wrote:
> >        I noticed that I could fetch a Findu trail for a station, so I
> > tried it for ME.  It seems that all the positions are plotted on top of
> > my current position -- did I goof something up??
>
> Dunno Earl,
>
> We need some information from you...
>
> 1) What timeframe did you fetch?

	120 hours

> 2) Did you move during that timeframe?

	No, I was just sitting in the house using the laptop with no GPS attached.

> 3) Were you running Xastir and sending position reports from it during
> that timeframe?

	Yes, however, it is set to transmit my position once every 55 minutes, making
me doubt it sent any positins while downloading and displaying the track.

> 4) Were you running another tracker and sending position reports from
> it during that timeframe?

	Negative.

> Just trying to determine if the problem is in the tracker that you are
> fetching reports for, or somewhere else. It's hard to know who ME is,
> and what hardware was being used.

	The setup here is my Toshiba laptop, running Kubuntu 7.04, with Xastir 1.9.0.
Not using a TNC, strictly with the TCP/IP feed.

	Oh yeah, ME is KD5XB-11, the same as the trail I tried to use.  I noticed
that, if I change the callsign in Xastir to KD5XB, then the trail is
downloaded and looks just fine.

	Thanks,
	Earl
--