[Xastir] newbie question...

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jun 25 15:37:30 EDT 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Rick Bolen (HM) wrote:

> Is there a search engine for the archives? It's time consuming to try and
> drill through the archives month-by-month to research a question\issue.

You might use Google instead.  Just add in part or all of the list
information in the query between quotes, so that it'll only (or
mostly) find info from the list.

> Has anyone come up with a tnc-st*.<rig> file for the Kenwood TS-2000? I've
> modified the tnc-st*.D700 using lines from a TS-2000 UI-View script, and I
> think its working but just wondered if one is available from Xastir users.

Not that I know of.  If you have something that works and are
willing, perhaps we could add it to Xastir for others to use?

> I have incoming rf APRS packets listing in "View->All incoming", but they
> aren't always being displayed on the map. And no stations but my own are
> listing in the "Mobile stations" list. Is there some default filter enabled
> that filters these out?

The transmit strings are not all displayed, or rather, a
representative string gets displayed, but it's in the format for an
internet transmit.  You won't see each transmit for each TNC
interface.

The received packets should be displayed there though, if the TNC(s)
are sending them to Xastir.  If there are errors in the packet as
received then Xastir will never get them.  At my location I get very
few stations direct, and get a lot of bad packets.