[Xastir] System cost options

Jim Tolbert RiverRidge at CenturyTel.net
Tue Jun 26 22:06:18 EDT 2007

Thanks for the suggestion.

I noted in the MicroTrak 300 manual, ".......power output in the range
of 300 mW, and is capable of operating at extremely long ranges
.......".  My understanding of the problem with Garmin Rinos was that
they were low power -- 1W or 5W -- meaning that the transmission
distance was too short to be of much use.

Is this an apples and oranges issue?  What am I missing?  (And please
feel free to point out my misunderstandings.... I am VERY new to this
<grin>.)

Many thanx............. jt