[Xastir] Message Groups

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Jun 26 23:39:54 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 11:27:19PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net> flavor, containing:
> Does Xastir support Message Groups? If so, where do you set them up?

Per the help menu:

  Send Message to and Open group messages

  These are very similar. "Send message to" will send your messages to one
  station and will only receive data from that station. Group messages are more
  general: you can receive any message for the group and you will send out your
  messages to that group name. Group messages code is not fully implemented yet
  and various problems still need to be worked out.  The "groups" file is looked
  for in ~/.xastir/config.  This is where the groups you are a member of are
  stored.  As was said before the "groups" functionality may not be complete yet.

I've never tried using them, though.  I have no idea what the "various problems"
are.