[Xastir] More system questions

Jim Tolbert RiverRidge at CenturyTel.net
Wed Jun 27 13:44:05 EDT 2007

You guys have been a fantastic help!   And best of all, I have not been flamed yet for stupid questions!!!

As a base, I am in the process of downloading OpenSUSE Linux and will then download Xastir for Linux.

The following Tom's suggestion that Xastir can see and record a combination of things, beg borrow steal (or worst case buy <grin>) units to try to see what works best. Someone noted that use of the radio / GPS units depended on the local APRS infrastructure and how it's loaded and if there is access to digipeaters.

How do I determine:

    *

      local APRS infrastructure

    *

      how the local APRS infrastructure is loaded

    *

      if there is access to digipeaters.

As usual, MANY THANX!!................. jt

--
Jim Tolbert
EMT-B

RiverRidge at CenturyTel.net