[Xastir] More system questions

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jun 27 15:30:13 EDT 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> I blew it, those are WinLink stations, not APRS stations.  Try this
> one instead:
>
> <http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/near.cgi?&last=1&rate=1&lat=45.0&lon=-92.4>

FWIW:  The "CW" stations are citizen's weather stations, which may
or may not be amateur radio stations (typically not).  Ignore those
when trying to figure out how many APRS'ers are in your area.

Also:  People can be attached to the internet without being on the
radio at all.  Some of the APRS'ers are probably in that mode.  If
you click on each station and look at the raw packet, if you see
"TCPIP" or "TCPXX" in the header portion, they are internet-only
stations.  KC0EPW is in that category.  The header of the packet
extends to/through the first ':' character.