[Xastir] Radar display

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Thu Jun 28 20:31:07 EDT 2007

On Thu, June 28, 2007 5:20 pm, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, William McKeehan wrote:
>> OS is Debian Linux. I'm running Xastir in VNC; vnc server is started with
>> "-depth 16"
>
> Does Xastir display them properly when _not_ using VNC?

I don't normally have a monitor connected to this machine, so I did not think
to try that.

But now I have tried it and the results are the same.

> I've seen issues before where VNC, the X11 server, or the remote
> display machine had different colordepths, so check all three of
> those.

Well, I'm not positive, but I think my X11 server is running at 16 (that's set
as the default in xorg.conf); if there's a way to tell, please let me know.

The vncserver is started with -depth 16, so I think it's at 16

The vncclient is set to "auto", so I assume that it would be getting 16 also.

Any steps I can take to confirm any of this?

--
William
KI4HDU