[Xastir] CoverSplit symbol issue with rtree in Fedora 7 ... may have found the bug

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jun 29 12:12:19 EDT 2007

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, Tom Russo wrote:

> There's
> probably a different way to go about it so that we don't have bugs to work
> around.

Yes.  Destroy the dialog and build it from scratch, then display the
new one.  Ugly.

> Then again, maybe we should get started on Xastir 2 so we don't use Motif
> at all ...

Great minds think alike.  Well, maybe a greater and a lesser mind
can think alike too?

One could perhaps compute which is which from the degrees we hold,
but perhaps we should just let people wonder.  hi hi

If we start on non-Motif, then we have to argue on which widget set.
Or if we do it _very_ right, separating the GUI code from everything
nicely, we could do Qt _and_ Gtk+, perhaps even adding in WxWidgets
as well.

The distributed approach to Xastir2 allows us to break up the app
into multiple pieces, any of which could be any widget set.  Or any
language.