[Xastir] CoverSplit symbol issue with rtree in Fedora 7 ... may have found the bug

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jun 29 15:12:01 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 10:55:11AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
> > It may be hard to find, as in a string inside a compiled library.
>
> A google search for "CoverSplit -xastir library" found something in
> GRASS and of course R-Tree.  Perhaps there's a library that GRASS
> uses that we also may use which has R-Tree in it?

Yep.  The rtree library.  We use exactly the same rtree library that GRASS
does.  GRASS is where I got the idea.

> Then again, if it only happens on Fedora then it's likely from
> somewhere else, otherwise more of us would be seeing the problem.

One could always try changing the name "CoverSplit" throughout the split_l.*
files to something else (like l_CoverSplit).  There was a brief period where
I had been confused and was suggesting to folks that they try changing
CoverSplit in a different pair of files, but that pair of files turned out not
to be used or even compiled in Xastir's use of rtree (we use only part of
it).