[Xastir] xastir in Ubuntu

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Thu Mar 1 01:16:08 EST 2007

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Tom Russo wrote:

> I agree, but it could be a real hassle for any package maintainer to keep
> a package with CVS-head or a development snapshot --- I believe the
> development snapshots happen at least once a month these days.
> I can easily believe that it's enough work just to keep up with stable
> releases, which are much less frequent.
>
> I don't know if the ubuntu package maintainer is on this list --- as far as
> I know it isn't one of the xastir developers.

   Well, pulling from cvs with -r STABLE gave me 1.8.5, which starts up for
the first time and auto-opens the 'configure station' dialog, and has a
simple line-art world map pre-defined.  Great!  That's the kind of first
impression we need to make.
   Woot!  It even has the 'home' key function that was recently added.
This is the version that needs to go into the Feisty repositories!

Now to figure out how to package it, and convince the maintainer to upload
it...

Oops, I spoke too soon.  1.8.5 has the bug which causes the buttons on the
interfaces menu to disappear after adding an interface.  Can you suggest a
more recent snapshot worthy of being widely published?

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin