[Xastir] Weird plotting

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Thu Mar 1 22:22:53 EST 2007

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Tom Russo wrote:

> This looks suspiciously like a digi that's holding packets too long before
> digipeating them.  Stuff like this has shown up in discussions on APRSSIG
> from time to time.  My memory's kinda dim on the subject, but as I recall
> it is stale packets being re-transmitted long after later posits are created.
>
> If you're seeing the behavior in a specific location, it's likely that the
> nearby digi is malfunctioning somehow.  You might try searching the APRSSIG
> archives for details, as I don't remember exactly what the mechanism is or
> what the comment traits were.

By any chance have you clicked on "Disable Posit Dupe-checks" in the
File->Configure->Defaults dialog?  Having this feature _enabled_
will at least prevent you from backtracking if repeaters are sending
you an old packet that you've already received.  Won't solve the
entire problem though, but it might help.  In other words, make sure
the togglebutton is _not_ clicked to enable it.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer