[Xastir] Interface 0 Hard Fail

Robert Grattan bgrattan at umw.edu
Fri Mar 2 12:32:30 EST 2007

For some reason unknown to me,  Xastir cannot open my ttyS0 port which connects a KPC 9612+ (V 8.2).  The system has been running fine for several years with exactly the same hardware setup and I do not recall any changes to anything except the usual RedHat and Xastir patches/upgrades.  I took the KPC 9612+ out of and back into KISS mode and it seems to be receiving ok.  As best I can tell, the COM 1 port is working ok.  The Xastir program runs fine but it can't open ttyS0 and gives the Hard Fail error.

If anyone has any suggestions about how I might figure this out then I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.

Bob N4MRV
Ashland, VA

I am presently running Xastir 1.8.5 on RedHat 4 (2.6.9-42.0.10.EL)

Linux  2.6.9-42.0.10.EL #1 Fri Feb 16 17:06:10 EST 2007 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

configure:3482: result: found /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyS1