[Xastir] Xastir do not recognize 'soundmodem'

Jouni Leskinen ximpox at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:33:42 EST 2007

Hello Gurus,

I am not sure if it is correct to send the question below to this group, but
as I can't send mail just now to 'opensuse-ham at opensuse.org' (that box
doesn't accept HTML-format) I wonder if you could advice what to do:

Have a 'openSUSE 10.2' installed.
Loaded recently 'xastir' version 1.8.4-3i586
from 'http://dg7gt.osth.de/openSUSE-10.2-ham/'-repository using 'yast'.
Once trying to start 'sm0' in 'Interface'-panel it doesn't go 'UP'.
>From 'dmesg' output I found a message 'xastir uses obsolete
(PF_INET,SOCK_PACKET)'.

Googleing didn't bring up much, only some old comment regarding compiling
 the
xastir:
 'On or about line 839 interface.c
port_data[port].channel = socket(PF_INET, SOCK_SEQPACKET, htons(proto));
change to:
port_data[port].channel = socket(PF_INET, SOCK_PACKET, htons(proto));
and let me know.  Curious about your glibc version and platform too.

Chuck'

I am getting an impression that I should go to compile 'xastir' by myself
but
being a bit too 'senior' I hesitate to start that effort.
In the other hand, somebody else may also want to use  the 'soundmodem', so
it
would be more practical if the 'xastir' in the repository would be compiled
to work with present OS. Whom to ask that from?
So, what to do to get a working version of 'xastir' without going to
compiling?
Or, am I looking a right thing?

Tnx es
Best 73's