[Xastir] Ubuntu 6.10 make error

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Mar 4 23:47:46 EST 2007

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 08:23:31PM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <nielsen at oz.net> flavor, containing:

> On Mar 4, 2007, at 6:40 PM, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> >On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 04:20:07PM -0800, we recorded a bogon-
> >computron collision of the <nielsen at oz.net> flavor, containing:
> >>You should install x11proto-print-dev.
> >
> >I don't think that's right.
> >
> >Try installing libxp-dev.

[...]
> From the error message, the missing file was X11/extensions/Print.h,
> and
>
> $ apt-file search X11/extensions/Print.h
> x11proto-print-dev: usr/include/X11/extensions/Print.h

Odd, my system doesn't have "apt-file"

> There is no such file in libxp-dev (which I don't have installed.)
> Possibly it was part of that package at one time.

Just looked.

libxp-dev has x11proto-print-dev as a dependency on my system.  libxp-dev
must have gotten pulled in by lesstif-dev, as the Motif library depends on
libxp.  OpenMotif must not pull in those dependencies properly.

Clearly, the wiki page is already outdated.  Adding x11proto-print-dev
to the site seems the thing to do.