[Xastir] Ubuntu 6.10 make error

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Mar 5 10:47:04 EST 2007

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 08:43:08AM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <tom.white at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On 3/4/07, Kevin Hogan <ka5ste at cableone.net> wrote:
> >
> >I am getting a error in the make install. Here is the last lines of what
> >I get before it ends.
>

> On 3/4/07,  Bob Nielsen <nielsen at oz.net> wrote:
>
> >You should install x11proto-print-dev.
>

> On 3/4/07,  Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
>
> >Try installing libxp-dev.
> >

> Try:
>
> sudo apt-get build-dep xastir
>
> It still seems to be working for me for the latest 1.8.5 builds. I do have
> to configure xastir with:

This will pull in the build dependencies that were used to build the xastir
.deb package, which is fine as long as that package was built the way you want
it --- does it use lesstif or openmotif?  It is definitely looking like
using lesstif is a loss, and you shouldn't use it.  The fact that you need
to specify --with-libcurl manually also suggests something else wrong --- as
long as the print extension headers are added to the initial list of
packages (which I've added to the wiki page this morning), that is not necessary
with the steps outlined in the wiki.