[Xastir] directories

Peter Maxfield pmaxfield at charter.net
Tue Mar 6 08:45:17 EST 2007

Hello all,

I have decide to install edgy on my notebook and have scrapped the vmplayer.
It was fun but very tedious and time consuming.

So far I have edgy running well and am getting to the point where I am
bringing in some of the dependencies on the howto "6:10"

I see a discrepancy in directories which I am not sure about.  Tom uses
src/XASTIR/xastir in vmplayer but other documentation for Xastir is just
src/xastir.  I don't know if any of the cvs or updates require a specific
directory

I have created the .cvsrc file, in my "~" (above src)  directory but it does
not appear to work.  When I try to  perform the cvs -d:pserver:anon.... I
get a bash: cvs command not found.  Do I have to pull in a working copy
first?

I am dearly trying to work in the command line, so bear with me.  I haven't
worked command line since DOS 3.3, so I am rusty.

Even more silly, in reading through, I can't get into the sudoers files, or
any su operation.  I type in su and put in the password I uses when I
started ubuntu, but I get an authentication failure.  Is there a default
password I missed, or did something happen in playing around.

thanx in advance!

Best regards,

Peter Maxfield, W1LBR
HYPERLINK "mailto:sold at finehomesbymax.com"