[Xastir] xastir VM woes

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Fri Mar 9 17:27:52 EST 2007

I'm having issues running xastir in a VMware vm that I suspect are
virtual machine-host machine issues.

I've got everything loaded and going, including handing control of a
USB/rs232 adapter to the guest OS.  The extremely strange (and
frustrating) thing is that the guest machine can write to the D7 over
the usb/rs232 adapter, but data from the D7 never gets back to
xastir.  I can turn off the vm and fire up hyperterm and talk back
and forth just fine, so it's not a cabling or hardware issue.
There's nothing obvious in the vmware.txt log file, but it's pretty
cryptic anyway. |:

-Jason
kg4wsv