[Xastir] Not gating "certain" callsigns (Xastir question regarding Internet Server cont'd)

Josh Housey kg9bo at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 20:13:43 EDT 2007

Hi All,

On my original post, Xastir question regarding Internet Server, I have made some progress, but still stuck as some of the "callsigns" of the NWS stations are absolutely not gating RF.

First of all, the first problem regarding the seeing of all of the posits via a remote computer (my Mac mini and iBook laptop) on a network has been resolved. I resolved it by not using the port 23 when I connect to the Internet server and use 145800. I found this from the Xastir Wiki and also pointed me in the right direction for the correct filter to use. I am use the following filter:

o/MKX* (my nearest NWS station)
b/MKX*

With this configuration, I was only gating to RF, the MKXFFS "msgs" only, and not the NWS posits/objects. I added the following to nws-stations.txt to get the MKXFFS msgs.

AB9FT-15 (my Macs)
MKXFFS

I have figured out that "callsigns" for the NWS positions/objects was, in my case "MKX_OUTLK". I then added "MKX_OUTLK" to nws-stations.txt and now I am seeing that gating to RF.

Now, this is where I am stuck, and that involves the NWS "timed" positions/objects. I am under the impression that in order to gate these to rf, that "MKXG*" would be needed to added to nws-stations.txt. The example packet that I am receiving is: (I chopped off the rest of it)

MKXFFS->APRS,qAO,WXSVR:;MKXG2028z .... (the rest is the time/posit info)

However, that is not working and I could probably use MKX* for all of the gating to RF in nws-stations.txt, but once again, that is not gating anything to RF and not even the NWS msgs.

Any suggestions and the help so far has been appreciated.

73
Josh, AB9FT