[Xastir] Daylight saving time?

Mike Fenske mfenske at telus.net
Wed Mar 21 13:24:06 EDT 2007

Curt, WE7U wrote:

> BSD-derived systems use either "Olson" or "POSIX" timezone
> files/code.  I can't remember which, but it's just ONE of those two
> listed.  I think it was "Olson".
>
> System-V derived systems may use both sets.  Here are the two
> formats and commands to try them out:
>
>     TZ=PST8PDT date
>     TZ=US/Pacific date
>
> Do you get two different answers?  I don't on Linux, but do on
> Solaris, on systems which have had new timezone files applied
> ("Olson") and been rebooted.

Yep, I get 2 different answers. Since SuSE 7.3 is so old, it is not supported and I updated the zoneinfo manually. Seems like not all my time zone info was updated. America/Vancouver was updated as well as PST8PDT, but not US/Pacific.
I put "TZ='America/Vancouver'; Export TZ" into my .profile file, logged out & in again and Xastir is now showing the correct time for last report age.

Thanks Curt!

Mike Fenske
VE7MKF