[Xastir] Any Vmware experts out there who can contact me off list?

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 23 18:56:46 EDT 2007

I recently had a partial hard drive failure of my XP Pro partition but have
moved to another drive thanks to a Knoppix cd and the dd command.

However, since then Vmware never gets past the initial splash screen and
doesn't show any of the pseudo bios messages.  My guess is that one or more
of the files that chkdsk had to repair from the NTFS journal didn't get put
back together right.  Everything else seems to work so it's hard to track
down.

Yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and even tried an earlier version and
then upgrading.  No luck.

Would converting from the simple player to Vmware Server be something I
might want to try?  I haven't looked at the registration process to see if
it is yucky or not.

Dave
KD7MYC