[Xastir] Stable release plus version numbering

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Mar 29 13:09:28 EDT 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 09:19:27AM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <gerry.creager at tamu.edu> flavor, containing:
> v1.9.0 (APX190).  So we're off on even/odd numbers.  You're going for a
> stable release, right?  Stables, in my book, are not even numbers.

How many conventions do we need to jam into this?

If we're going to go by the release guidlines that Curt posted, there's no
need to add another layer of "odd/even" to that.

To be honest, I don't give a rip about the convention at all, but have a
bit of an attachment to major-release bumps being significant changes, not
incremental.