[Xastir] Help needed in compiling Xastir-1.9.0 missing lib's

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun May 6 11:03:28 EDT 2007

Let's leave the mailing list in on this.  If we finally pin down what's going
wrong for you, others could benefit.

Also, your list of make output showed no errors, so it wasn't all that helpful.
We're gonna have to get back to basics here.

On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 07:40:02AM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <larry at isp.com> flavor, containing:
> > The wiki details everything, and the process it describes has been checked
> > and rechecked, and frequently updated as ubuntu packages change.
> >
>  I checked my get-maptools.sh script against the hacked one, and from what I
>  can tell, it is exactly the same as shown on that web page...
>  So I ran ./get-maptools.sh again, it downloads pcre, shapelib, libgeotiff,
>  and GDAL, then it also downloads gdal-1.2.3, telling me that ldconfig
>  completed successfully on all of them...
>
>  Also after running ./get-maptools.sh once again, GDAL now is showing up, but
>  GEOTIFF isn't...???

For starters,  let's check that libgeotiff itself actually got installed by
get-maptools.sh.

Do an
  ls -l /usr/local/lib/libgeo*

Does it show anything?  If so, then libgeotiff got installed properly and we
have to look elsewhere.  If not, well, then, it didn't.