[Xastir] USB GPS?

Richard Polivka r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 24 12:53:49 EDT 2007

Something additional...when you do the dmesg look,
also do a "lsusb" run from the command line. "dmesg"
will tell you if the USB dongle bound or not - "lsusb"
is sterile. If the USB handler does not recognize the
vendor/product id's, it won't work.

The unit should show up as a comm port if it
registers.

If it does not register, then the kernel will have to
be patched to recognize the new id's and hardware.

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO