[Xastir] Xastir on a handheld

Dick C. Reichenbach dreichen at columbus.rr.com
Fri May 25 10:16:55 EDT 2007

I have a Zaurus C3100, but I've never tried it.  PDA Xrom should work,
but I had problems with it, especially the sleep modes.  The Z kept
wanting to reboot on sleep.  If you have a bigger Z like a newer C3200,
you can run FreeBSD which you may have better luck with.  Either way, it
would requre the use of Motif and I wouldn't compile Xastiir without
Graphics or ImageMagick.  You're definatly looking at a lot of work.
Currently I'm trying to comple some simple expat libraries for use with
a very simple command line app and I'm having a lot of trouble getting
them to work.

Ideally WHEN Xastir 2 comes into existance (HINT!!!) The display portion
can be broken out into a QT app.  There are already some limited QT apps
for handling of shapefiles.

Dick Reichenbach - KC8OBZ