[Xastir] How to delete Xastir

Henk Oegema on4hso at amsat.org
Sat May 26 08:39:12 EDT 2007

On Monday 21 May 2007 15:34:11 you wrote:
> There's an uninstall option for make (sudo make uninstall).  Be sure
> you save your maps first. No idea how clean it gets things...
>
> > That said, there's usually no reason to delete anything.
>
> I've never had a reason to delete the install or config files.  I
> have occasionally managed to corrupt a config file in my .xastir
> directory such that deleting it was easier than fixing it, but that's
> about it.
>
> -Jason
> kg4wsv

When I did an upgrade of my Kubuntu to the latest version, I lost my 'trail'
function in Xastir. (this happened to me before)
Installing a new version of Xastir didn't solve the problem, but a completely
new Xastir  installation did solve the problem. (but I had to delete the old
config files first)

That's the reason why. :-)

Henk
ON4HSO/PA2HO