[Xastir] Xastir & Leopard (Mac)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Nov 2 16:49:42 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007, Chip G. wrote:

> I have X11 installed per the Leopard disc, but when I run the
> configure it says:
>
> > checking for X... no
> > configure: error: *** No X11!  Install X-Windows development headers/
> > libraries! ***
>
> So no can go any further. What specifically is missing, and how do I
> add it? I can run X Windows utilities (typing "xclock" from the
> command line will bring up an xclock window in the X11 environment).

Having X11 libraries installed means that programs that are already
compiled can run.  Same for Linux or Windows libraries.

What you need is the development packages installed, which gives you
the C header files (*.h files).  With these the compiler can compile
new code to use the libraries.

I don't run Macs so I can't help you with specifics.  Sorry!