[Xastir] Leopard & Xastir

Chip Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Sat Nov 3 12:28:24 EDT 2007

On Nov 2, 2007, at 16:25, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> It's been reported by at least a couple of people so far that
> Xastir compiles/runs ok on Leopard.  I'm sure that's not with 100%
> of the features tested but at least it's a good start.

The problem is not that Xastir doesn't work with Leopard, it's that
it breaks Xastir and that significant loops must be jumped through to
work through the breaks. Quite a few non-Xastir items are broken by
the upgrade. I was finally able to get Xastir up and running last
night. It took about 8 man-hours to get it running, and it is still
not what it was before. A few things are improvements (resizable
windows, something I'd not had before with minor exceptions like the
main window only). But there are some steps backward. I've been
unable to get caching to work, as an example. I also don't like that
the ONLY way to get it running is by having a terminal window open. I
either need to launch X11 and use the resulting xterm window to
launch Xastir, or launch Terminal and use it to launch Xastir. If I
double-click on the Xastir icon it uses the second method. The
weather warnings are not working either, but I have no clue why since
I'm pretty sure everything that is supposed to be compiled into
Xastir is there ...

Been a pretty frustrating road ...

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn