[Xastir] GDAL, db42, etc (Mac & Leopard)

Chip Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Sat Nov 3 14:49:08 EDT 2007

On Nov 3, 2007, at 13:33, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, Chip Griffin wrote:
>
>> I was not able to get GDAL (1.4.3) to compile. I tried with just "./
>
> Do you need GDAL for anything?  Most people don't.

Define "need" ... It's an option, and I have generally been trying to
compile in everything that I can get to work. I have yet to get
Festival or GPSman to work. There is no option for AX25 for Mac (at
least not to my knowledge). So those I haven't tackled. I had GDAL
before, so I tried to put it back. Can I live without it? Yes. Would
I put it in if I could get it to work? Yes.

>>> Warning:
>>> 	Name: create_appshell text_output
>>> 	Class: XmTextField
>>> 	Character '\61' not supported in font.  Discarded.
>
> In the FAQ.  LANG setting.

Hmmm. I can't find the mentioned file. I'm doing a disk-wide grep
search for LANG=" to see if I can find a file like that.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn