[Xastir] Xastir and filters

Eric Germann ekgermann at cctec.com
Sun Nov 4 01:00:38 EST 2007

Just brought up an internal javAPRSServer for some testing.

Here goes the (possibly) stupid question.

aprs server is connected up to the top four (only one at a time and
rotates if it loses connection).

When I connect to port 10152 on my aprs server (the firehose), I get
lots of APRS data from all over the world (the expected behavior).

When UIView32 clients connect with a filter parameter of m/160 to port
14580 they get a restricted subset of data (again, the expected behavior).

When Xastir connects, I get nothing back on the filtered port with
m/160.  If I do r/lat/lon/dist, I get a filtered stream back.

Popped on the View->Incoming Data box and I see it send "adjunct filter
m/160" to the server.  However, I don't see anything that tells it where
"me" (the m/ filter) is.  Looks like something would have to be sent to
the server to tell it my lat/lon so it can draw the filter circle of
160km around my location.  If I do it with r/ where I spec it out, it's
ok.  Lat and long are defined correctly in the File->Configure->Station
box correctly.

Doesn't seem to make a difference if I allow transmit or not in the
server definition.

Thoughts?

EKG
N1ICS