[Xastir] RE: State and Topical Gazetteer Download Files

Wes Hartman - KC5FGK kc5fgk at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 11 10:16:37 EST 2007

I looked into the URL and the site has been changed to:
  http://geonames.usgs.gov/domestic/download_data.htm

  From: Chip Griffin <n1mie at mac.com>
Subject: [Xastir] get-gnis script failure

I've used it before, although not recently. Not sure when it broke,
but doesn't seem to work now. It says that it connects to
geonames.usgs.gov and then it says HTTP request sent, but the reply
is 404 not found. It has that same sequence for both

 http://geonames.usgs.gov/stategaz/CT_DECI.zip
and for
 http://geonames.usgs.gov/stategaz/CT_DECI.TXT

So no go on either account. I had also tried all the other New
England states (CT, MA, RI, VT, NH, ME) with the same results on all.
I tried it on two separate installations with the same results.
Running the latest incarnation on at least one of the machines.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn