[Xastir] tnc start up scripts

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Nov 13 01:12:18 EST 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 07:45:58PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jjolin at itol.com> flavor, containing:
> I want to use my d7 with xastir and I understand I have to run the
> tnc-startup-d7 script.  What kind of script is this and when do I run
> it...I assume that xastir does not run it. I have looked in the wiki but I
> did not find any answers

The startup scripts are just files of TNC commands that get sent by Xastir
to the TNC on start-up or shut-down.

You tell xastir to use that start-up script in the interface properties when
you set up your interface.  Choose "Interface->Interface Control", select
the interface you want to modify and click "Properties" (if the interface
exists, or "Add" if you haven't defined one yet).  At the bottom of the
properties dialog for any of the TNC types, there's a pair of boxes for
"TNC Configuration Files".  Choose "tnc-startup.thd7" for the "TNC Setup
Filename" and "tnc-stop.thd7" for the "TNC Shutdown Filename" and you're good
to go.