[Xastir] Rotating Logs

Chip Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Tue Nov 13 16:21:13 EST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 13:50, Curt, WE7U wrote:

>     util.c:rotate_file()

I see that the text "rotate_file" occurs only in 'util.c'. I see that
one reference is the definition of the function, one is a text
reference for some sort of display or logging and the last is a
function call within the "log_data" function. It appears that
rotate_file is only called if the file size exceeds the
MAX_LOGFILE_SIZE which is set at 2048000 (unknown units).

So logfile rotation already exists, but there is no user control and
it only happens if filesize gets really big (2 MB?). It looks like it
is currently programmed to keep 3 files. I don't know where they are
kept and what the renaming scheme is.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn