[Xastir] GDAL, db42, etc (Mac & Leopard)

Chip Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Wed Nov 14 23:19:29 EST 2007

On Nov 4, 2007, at 18:16, Jason kg4wsv wrote:

> On Nov 4, 2007, at 3:24 PM, Chip Griffin wrote:
>
>> with "C" it works. Why is that?
>
> C is posix standard 7 bit ASCII, IIRC.  en_US is 8 bit US English.
>
>> I think the FAQ needs updating. The FAQ says to change it to
>> "en_US" but as mentioned that doesn't work (at least not on a Mac
>> OS X (10.5) system.
>
> This is evidently new with Leopard.  I've been running Mac OS X
> since the first public beta and it's never mattered before.
>
> You're breaking new ground for the rest of us. (:

I had this working. But now it's throwing errors again. I had it set
to "C" ... worked fine. Now broken. Now set to "en_US" ... Still broken.

Any other ideas?

I'm also getting frequent crashes on Xastir in Leopard. I'm using the
latest Xastir and the latest X11. I'm also updating to all the latest
support stuff as it gets updated. But still fairly unstable. Not sure
why the crashes right now. Some are really stupid. My most recent was
when I tried to drag to zoom in on the map, it crashed X11 and
Xastir. I'm thinking it's not an Xastir issue right now (there is a
long laundry list of stuff needing fixing w/in the new X11). I'll
keep anyone in the loop. Feel free to write if you have questions
specific to Leopard & Xastir.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn