[Xastir] Aloha Circle

Curt archer at eskimo.com
Thu Nov 15 09:17:57 EST 2007

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Kevin Paetzold wrote:

> I also find that not being able to permanently disable the aloha
> circle to an annoyance as well.  I run several XASTIRs that essentially
> never transmit on RF but because I want them to be able to see the
> local RF traffic (so I can pick up local messages etc..).  However
> still have to see the aloha circle until I turn it off.  One of the
> things on my list to do is to come up with my own code change/patch
> to turn this off.

Look for:

    Variable:
        Display_.aloha_circle

    Functions:
        draw_aloha_circle()
        calc_aloha()
        Display_aloha_circle_toggle()

If you want to save/restore the Display_.aloha_circle variable, the
best place to start would be in xa_config.c where the other
"Display_.*" variables are saved/restored.

Probably the easiest option is to change the '1' to a '0' at line
547 of main.c, which should disable it until you manually turn it
on:

What_to_display Display_ = { 1, // callsign
                             1, // label_all_trackpoints
                             1, // symbol
                             1, // symbol_rotate
                             1, // trail

                             1, // course
                             1, // speed
                             1, // speed_short
                             1, // altitude

                             1, // weather
                             1, // weather_text
                             1, // temperature_only
                             1, // wind_barb

                             1, // aloha_circle (CHANGE TO A '0' HERE)
                             1, // ambiguity

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer