[Xastir] Asus Eee PC anyone ?

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Tue Nov 20 11:44:15 EST 2007

I agree that 4GB is not a lot. They have an 8GB version coming soon.

I envision this as a replacement for my TH-D700 control head and my GPS
(display).

The only thing I would really miss would be turn-by-turn navigation; I'd have
to look at other Linux software to do that.

The keyboard may be small, but it would be quicker/easier to use than either
the D700 or the GPS (I currently have a Garmin GPS V).

I have not found much information about the unit, like what version of Linux
it is running and what is available. It's new, so by the time I'd be ready for
it, I'm sure all of this stuff will be known and hacked.
--
William McKeehan
KI4HDU