[Xastir] Compile issues

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Mon Oct 1 06:36:09 EDT 2007

Alex and all those helping/watching .. Thanks .. A bit more progress perhaps
but still no development files for image magick woody debian. Remember this
is a 2.4 kernel from about 2004

As requested.. Here is how my sources.list looks..
deb http://archive.debian.org/debian-archive/ woody main contrib non-free
deb http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian oldstable main contrib non-free
deb http://mirror.linux.org.au/debian oldstable main contrib non-free
deb http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/debian oldstable main
contrib non-free

Not sure about putting the etch main contrib non-free in there .. I dont
want to upgrade to etch
and suspect that intorducing etch into the cache would make for some odd
things.. Maybee I am wrong

I would agree that APT is usually very good at solving dependancy issues..
Ive taken some snapshots of
some relavant stuff because the console does not allow me to copy/paste.
This is the best I can do all
converted from xwd files to gifs. The libmagick-dev issue is the killer I
cant get past .
See the snap shots at this URL
http://www.users.on.net/~wavetel/temp/

Is it any good trying lesstif ? Bear in mind this is a live distro as Ive
said previuosly. So if I stuff anything up then its easy to reboot and start
again clean..  Ive been loading GNU-utils followed by GCC then APT for
imagemagick   libmotif   libmotif-dev and then I configure xastir. Only 1
issue in the configure regards the shapelib missing and it looks like it
goes with the internal version for shape.

One thing I would like to confirm regards imagemagick development files.
Cant I get them by going to sourceforge imagemagick and download the source
and compile it ? Surely they are in there ? Ive found the source for
imagemagick dating back before my system.

Any comments ??

Tony & Eva Hunt  wavetel at internode.on.net