[Xastir] Feature idea for Xastir

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sat Oct 6 22:45:45 EDT 2007

Don't know if we could include the database engine in Xastir, and that's
rather contrary to the Unix Way of Doing Things, but we could facilitate
portage, rpm's and deb's to cover most of the obvious ones with a
postgres dependency, and a component to add the postgis patch.

More'n likely my preference will be to target PostgreSQL 8.0 and PostGIS
0.9 (or higher in both cases) so anything newer would be acceptable.
The program overhead for these is relatively light.

I do not propose to support a tarball with dependencies.  Slack is not
where I'd like to go...

gerry