[Xastir] Digi Config

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 22 15:27:04 EDT 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Don Russell wrote:

> I'm having a small issue getting Xastir to digi.
> Its seeing traffic and transmitting the objects I created.
> Just not digi'ing anthing at all.

Digipeating will only work with an interface type of "Serial KISS
TNC" or "AX25 TNC", and will only digipeat WIDE1-1 as I recall.

> RELAY_DIGIPEAT_CALLS:WIDE1-1  (Also tried WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2)
> DEVICE0_TYPE:6

I'd have to look at the code to see what type 6 is, but hopefully
one of the two above?

How do you know it's not digipeating?  Xastir doesn't give any
indication when it digipeats, not even in the Display Incoming Data
dialog.  Watching the PTT LED on the TNC or the radio itself works
for me!

Also, I've been curious lately whether the "new" (last three years
or so) path settings of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 are interpreted correctly by
the Xastir code as not having been digipeated yet.  Then again,
we're down in the AX.25 raw packet, so the bits are available and we
can tell that first WIDE1-1 "digipeated" bit hasn't been set, so
never mind.