[Xastir] open2300db2aprs problems

Andrew Rich vk4tec at people.net.au
Wed Oct 24 05:47:21 EDT 2007

linux:~ # rpm -qva  | grep my
mysql-5.0.26-12
php5-mysql-5.2.0-10
myspell-american-20040623-47
mysql-client-5.0.26-12
perl-DBD-mysql-3.0008-12
mysql-shared-5.0.26-12
linux:~ #

Andrew Rich VK4TEC
vk4tec at people.net.au <mailto:vk4tec at people.net.au>
http://www.tech-software.net

-----Original Message-----
From: xastir-bounces at xastir.org [mailto:xastir-bounces at xastir.org]On
Behalf Of Dan
Sent: Wednesday, 24 October 2007 7:39 PM
To: xastir at xastir.org
Subject: [Xastir] open2300db2aprs problems

First of all, thank you to the xastir developers for a great program.

I'm trying to build open2300db2aprs but get the following error message:

dan at dan-Linux:~/src/xastir/LaCrosse$ sudo ./bootstrap.sh
[sudo] password for dan:
    6) Removing autom4te.cache directory...
    5) Running aclocal...
/usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT
/usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17:   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
/usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17:   or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
    4) Running autoheader...
    3) Running autoconf...
    2) Running automake...
    1) Checking for 'mkinstalldirs'... Found!
Bootstrap complete.
dan at dan-Linux:~/src/xastir/LaCrosse$ sudo ./configure
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for a fully installed MySQL... MySQL is not fully installed
checking if there at least are the needed MySQL client libs... checking
for mysql_close in -lmysqlclient... no
configure: error: *** No MySQL client library found - See README ***
dan at dan-Linux:~/src/xastir/LaCrosse$

Ubuntu 7.10
Mysql client and server v.  5.0.45
Xastir cvs version