[Xastir] Canada topo

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 5 14:06:08 EDT 2007

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Murry wrote:

> I have the timing up as far as it will go, I don't see any activity on
> my dsl modem when I try to get Canada topo maps. The Tigermaps work fine.

For the Toporama maps we first snag a custom .geo file using a URL
something like this:

<http://mm.aprs.net/toporama.cgi?set=50|lat=44.59333|lon=-75.72933|width=800|height=600|zoom=1>

but of course depending on your center/zoom/scale, then we use that
.geo file to go snag the actual map from the URL listed in the .geo
file.  Check your ~/.xastir/tmp directory for a "map.geo" file to
see if you're able to fetch that initial GEO file.

You can also try putting that .geo file (if you find one) in your
maps directory, index it, then see if Xastir will load it.