[Xastir] Maps question

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Sep 6 16:44:13 EDT 2007

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, Andrew Rich wrote:

> I have a web server
>
> with maps and .geo files
>
> what do I do to xastir to make it pick up and use those maps ?
>
> i am going to have to change the .geo 's to "url" instead of "file" i am
> assuming ?

Hmmm.  I think you'd have to snag down the .geo's locally, change
the filenames inside them to URL's, index them, then let Xastir do
the rest.

Unless you want to change the code...

The only bit of code that requests a remote .GEO file right now is
the Toporama code, which gets a .GEO file from a findu.com server
first, then uses that .GEO to go fetch a temporary image that the
findu.com server creates on-the-fly when you request the .GEO.  You
could copy that code to create something new which would use your
server (and others).