[Xastir] maps help

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sun Sep 9 23:13:34 EDT 2007

I'm having significant RAID issues of late and we're hammering on the
vendor to help us resolve them.  We've been real happy with the CoRAID
ATA-Over-Ethernet hardware... save for this one shelf.  I'm hoping to
see a new shelf tomorrow and start the process of moving all the current
drives to the new box.

Whenever the shelf decides it's unhappy, it starts rebuilding the RAID.
  We've not lost data but it doesn't write new data (or allow read
access to the RAID) while it's rebuilding.  That's abnormal behavior and
we're not understanding it.  Nor is CoRAID.  We've worked thru the
troubleshooting with them patiently, but we're starting to play
hardball.  As I'm going out for another 8TB of disk, and may have to
replace this 6TB shelf, we could be a blot on their record if they don't
do well for us, and soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  I should have reported this earlier, but
I've been sorta busy with TS Gabrielle over the last couple of days.

Gerry