[Xastir] Fetch FINDU Trail problem/question

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 26 01:12:03 EDT 2007

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Kevin Paetzold wrote:

> It seems I am unable to display fetched findu trails any longer.  It used
> to work.  This is true running Fedora 7 as well as with CYGWIN.
> I spent several hours in gdb and poking around with this today
> trying to figure it out.  I am sending this msg because I think
> what I am seeing may be more obvious to one of the developers (before
> I continue this foray through the code :-).

Stop!

I already figured it out.  Just this week.  Fixed it too.

I assume it was Steve Dimse that made a change to findu.  It's good
'cuz I've been requesting it for quite a while.  He added HTML
escapes to the web pages, or at least the raw packet page that we
use to download tracks for Xastir.  This caused me to first try
"html2text" to convert the file to plain text, then when that wasn't
sufficient I wrote some "sed" commands into the Xastir code instead
that would do the proper thing.

CVS Xastir now downloads these tracks properly.

What we've gained from this change is the ability to see Base-91
packets in a browser without them being corrupted due to the browser
_thinking_ that it was seeing HTML escapes.  Since I use Base91
packets, I'm quite glad he made this change.

In a few days, roughtly around Oct 1st, I'll put out a new snapshot.
If you can't wait until then, use the latest CVS.