[Xastir] Re: Xastir-1.9.0 or Greater

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 26 01:15:29 EDT 2007

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, N5VRP wrote:

> Can someone develop USB v1.1 or greater support for TNC communication.
> I have a need to use Xastir-1.9.0 with a TNC via a USB v1.1 and 2.0
> converter
> to RS-232. This computer does not have a RS-232 port and many new computers
> on the market today, also.

This message didn't go to the list.  Perhaps you weren't subscribed?

It did go to a couple of the admins, so I'll answer.

Xastir, or rather Linux itself, does handle USB ports.  I'm running
a USB port right now on /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyUSB1 to a
USB->Serial converter that's hooked to a TNX-X TNC.

Go look at your /dev directory and do "ls | grep USB" to see what
your device names are.