[Xastir] Compile issues

Andrew Rich vk4tec at people.net.au
Sat Sep 29 21:53:58 EDT 2007

From: Andrew Rich [mailto:vk4tec at people.net.au]
Sent: Sunday, 30 September 2007 11:36 AM
To: Tony Hunt; Rodney Baker
Subject: RE: [Xastir] Compile issues

http://www.tech-software.net

-----Original Message-----
From: xastir-bounces at xastir.org [mailto:xastir-bounces at xastir.org]On
Behalf Of Tony Hunt
Sent: Sunday, 30 September 2007 10:59 AM
To: Rodney Baker

Hi Rod .. I is learning alot still ..

To answer your question with another question..
I have installed imagemagick  libmotif  libmotif-dev  but I have no idea
what the name of the image magick development file is.
Bear in mind this is equivalent to a Debian v3.0  Woody system. I notice
that libmagick5 is installed with another package (probably imagemegick) .

http://packages.debian.org/source/sarge/imagemagick
Just looking at that web page maybee there is a libmagick5-dev package at a
guess for woody in the archives ??
 Maybee if  Hamish is watching he will know whats missing ..

It nearly ran last night after a make install .. Came up with the xastir
window and then segfaulted .. I have been looking at the libraries needed
and trolling the debian website for clues but excatly what the
library/dependancies names are isnt allways easy to figure out although Ive
managed to make some progress since the last email..

When the configure finnishes it says there is no imagemagick support so
theres a clue.

Here are the warnings and clues

"Warning can not find image magick include files" (this is probably the
killer by what you say Rod)
"Warning  geotiff requires libproj" ---   I have not been able to find a
libproj myself
"Warning dbfawk requires both pcre and shapelib" --  I cant find these in
debian either

When I run xastir up it segfaults with these comments
"Perhaps no XPM or imagemagick library support is installed" which sorta
connects back to where we started ..

So what am I looking for here in the dark exactly ??

Tony Hunt VK5AH