[Xastir] Compile issues

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sun Sep 30 05:22:51 EDT 2007

Thanks all for the replies .. Some of these are good and useful indeed..

Ive actually got a working version of 1.90 xastir on there now but without
raster maps. This sounds like it would be easy to fix with imagemagick but
the development files still allude me. I think its actually libmagick5-dev
that I am looking for but if I try and install that it had many dependancy
issues which are not resolvable. I looked at some of the dependancies and
they also have depandancies. Its another one of those dependancy blackholes
that just gets to be a bigger pit as you look down it..

Now I will tell you how I got 1.90 going.. Dont cringe too much but I loaded
a binary for 1.40 xastir that was premade for this old distro. and then
compiled 1.90 on top of that. Although they have different directory
structures I deleted the 1.40 xastir binary executable and I seem to have a
working 1.90. Pretty rough I know and very cludgey but obviuosly something
is in the 1.40 binary which fixes the segfaults I had .. Its not the
ultimate and in time I can likely pull apart the 1.40 binary and see just
whats in there. It proves something I guess..

In the mean time I dont have any raster maps till I get 1.90 to compile with
imagemagick development files. Ive found the imagemagick web site. They have
a source file up there that I could download and try and compile. Its about
6 or so megs I think but are the development files in there ??

ImageMagick-6.3.5-10.i386.rpm is about 4 megs. I could use alien to convert
this to a deb but are the development files in there ??

Tony Hunt  VK5AH