[Xastir] Compile issues

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 09:44:44 EDT 2007

There's no "Universe" repository for Debian under apt
but you do need to check that your repositories are at
least set for "main", "contrib", and "non-free".

These two config lines should get you just about
everything in stable form:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ woody main contrib
non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/debian/ etch main
contrib non-free

Can you post some of the dependency errors?  I'm
suspecting that your system is in need of an upgrade
(which apt can do for you, too) because apt is usually
very good about resolving dependencies _unless_
installing a dependency will break something critical
in which case it stands aside and lets you try to fix
the problem.